What types of Personal Data do we collect?
We want you to understand the types of data that we collect, so you can then make the best decisions about what you share with us. Personal data is any information that relates to an identifiable individual and we may collect this information when you interact with our products or services:
- Personal particulars (e.g. name, credit card details)
- Particulars about your business/entity
- Details of interactions with us (eg. images, personal opinions, business-specific marketing challenges)
- Information obtained from mobile devices with your consent (e.g. location information)
How do we collect your Personal Data?
Any personal information held by us will be committed to protection. Here are the ways that we collect your data – through these touchpoints – which are relevant to how you may interact with our products/services in your daily lives:
- Payment for subscription sign-ups
- Library questionnaire (questions we have to ask to get to know your business/entity better)
- Coach questions (when you present us any marketing-related questions)
- Face-to-face workshops, events, seminars
How do we use your Personal Data?
Your personal information allows us to create more personalised and unique banking experiences just for you. When you trust us with your data, it’s only right that you understand how we may use it:
For General Support
- Verify your identity before providing our services, or responding to any of your queries, applications, feed-back and complaints
For our Internal Operations
- Aid our research and analysis, so that we keep improving our services, products and advertising strategies
- Manage our day-to-day business operations
- Ensure that the information we have about you is up-to-date
- Comply with all laws and obligations from any legal authorities.
- Seek professional advice, including legal.
- Update you on changes to our products or services.
For Marketing Purposes
- Contact you and offer products or services that you might be interested in (via EDMs, direct mailers, social media, 3rd party sites, etc)
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
To deliver on our promise of helping you to solve marketing-related challenges while trying to increase awareness about your brand or educate your customers about products and services, we often partner up with third parties that increase the productivity and relevance of CStory. We may also from time to time, share your personal data with others to keep improving the efficiency of our platform but always in a responsible manner:
- Third parties such as campaign partners and vendors who work with us (in Singapore or elsewhere)
- Carefully selected partners to ensure smooth operation of the website
- Relevant authorities such as government or law enforcement agencies
- We require all personnel of CStory and third parties to ensure that any of your data disclosed to them is kept confidential and secure
- We may process your data outside of Singapore and in doing so will comply with the PDPA and other applicable laws, including the GDPR
- We do not sell your Personal Data to any third party and we shall comply fully with any duty or obligation of confidentiality that governs our relationship with you
CStory Terms of Sales Policy
- The users of CStory consist of the following roles (collectively the “Users”):
- An “Owner” is an individual or company that has purchased a plan for a single User or multiple Users, or has signed up for a free trial.
- An Owner may download Templates (as defined below); may edit and view content in the Templates; may add into and view questions in Coach (as defined below); and may attend events initiated by CStory or its partners.
- “Templates” refers to the content provided by CStory for its Users to download and edit only.
- “Coach” means the platform provided by CStory for Users to upload questions and view answers.
- Owner will pay Company all applicable fees and any related taxes (other than taxes on Company’s income) for use of the Services. Company may change its fees for current paying Owners by providing advanced written notice to such paying Owners. Owner authorizes Company to charge the applicable fees to the payment card that Owner submits to Company and agrees that a third-party credit card processing company may store such financial information. Owner will pay all fees and taxes as they become due. Owner’s obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the subscription period. If Owner’s payment card issuer or bank does not honor charges Owner has paid using Owner’s card, Owner will remain directly liable to Company for all unpaid amounts. Owner may cancel his or her subscription by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Owner’s account on CStory.
- By signing up for a subscription, Owner agrees that his or her subscription will be automatically renewed upon completion of the subscription term. Unless Owner cancels prior to the completion of the subscription term, Owner authorizes Company to charge the payment card provided for the renewal term. The period of auto-renewal will be the same as the initial monthly or yearly subscription period unless otherwise disclosed to Owner at the time of subscription purchase. The renewal rate will be no more than the rate for the immediately prior subscription period, excluding any promotional and discount pricing, unless Owner is notified of a rate change prior to the auto-renewal. Owner must cancel his or her subscription in accordance with the cancellation procedures in writing. Company will not refund fees that may have accrued to Owner’s account and will not prorate fees for a cancelled subscription.
- Nonpayment of any fees or other sums due to Company or any other party related to Owner’s use of the Services will result in termination. Company may, at its discretion, also appoint an outside debt collection agency to collect amounts owed to Company. Owner agrees to reimburse Company for all costs that Company incurs in enforcing its collection of Owner’s unpaid amounts, including debt collection agency fees, reasonable attorneys’ and legal fees and court costs.
- Company offers a 7-day money-back guarantee. If Owner is not satisfied with the purchase from Company, Owner is eligible for a reimbursement within 7 calendar days of Owner’s purchase. Owner is to send Company an email with the title “I want a refund please”, along with the email that they subscribed with. The refund is no longer valid if Owner downloads more than 10 Library resources or asks more than 1 Coach question.
- All overcharges or billing disputes must be reported within 30 days of the date that the dispute occurred. If Owner disputes a charge to his or her payment card issuer that, in the Company’s reasonable judgment, is a valid charge under the provision of this Agreement, Owner agrees to reimburse the Company for its reasonable costs incurred in connection with the investigation of the matter. Company will refund any such fees if the investigation finds that Owner’s action in disputing the charge to his or her card issuer was justified because the charge was not, in fact, a valid charge under the provisions of this Agreement.
- All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
- In the event that an Owner desires to modify his or her subscription plan to gain additional capabilities provided by the Company’s Services (“Upgrade”), the increase in charge is automatically adjusted and applied to the Owner’s account for the current term and all future renewals. The Company does offer pro-rated adjustments where appropriate. An Upgrade occurs when either an Owner (i) changes from a lower to a higher tier plan, or (ii) changes from a monthly to yearly subscription but maintains the same tier plan.
- In the event that an Owner desires to modify their subscription plan to have fewer capabilities provided by the Company’s Services (“Downgrade”), the decrease in charge is only applied after the subscription term concludes. A Downgrade occurs when an Owner (i) changes from a higher to a lower tier plan, or (ii) changes from a yearly to a monthly subscription but maintains the same plan. Downgrade may only occur at the end of a subscription term whether monthly or yearly. In the event of a Downgrade, the subscription tier will be maintained but will not renew. Once the term for that subscription concludes, a new subscription reflecting the Downgrade will commence.